Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Paint supplies

Seamus McRae
04-09-2021, 06:13 PM
G'day all

Living in Australia's top end atm, I don't have the luxury of being able to drop in to the local hobby store on the weekends to resup paints. So...going back to my home city recently for a bit seemed like a great idea to stock up w/out worrying about postage from online ordering. Walked into all my fav old 'haunts' for a scout...what the hell?
Is it just Australia or are all you guys elsewhere in the world experiencing paint supply issues as well - especially Tamiya & Gunze?

freakray
04-09-2021, 08:52 PM
Tamiya has been hit and miss in the US for a while, if I want Gunze its always been mail order.

Seamus McRae
04-12-2021, 08:33 AM
So...nobody else is having this problem?

fafnir
04-12-2021, 05:54 PM
Same problem here in Canada,tamiya paints are hard to come by.

ctesla
04-12-2021, 09:02 PM
yea, i think Tamiya (many carried at Tower Hobbies, indianapolis and chicago) was not 'essential', so was probably down for awhile.. i am not sure about Tamiya out of irvine, ca; or their HQ in japan, but probably the backlog is probably seen now..
just like 3/4 months ago, try finding jigsaw puzzles in walmart, amazon, ebay..

potsie
04-16-2021, 05:49 AM
Yep, same issue further south. My local calls itself "Australia's Largest Hobby Shop" and has essentially no paint stock. I looked at Australia based online retailers as well with no luck. I also placed an order for a Hasegawa Legacy Richard Burns Legacy as soon as they were released, but no joy after about 6 months. The importer of Aoshima seems to be able to get stock though.

Seamus McRae
04-18-2021, 08:56 AM
Yep, same issue further south. My local calls itself "Australia's Largest Hobby Shop" and has essentially no paint stock. I looked at Australia based online retailers as well with no luck. I also placed an order for a Hasegawa Legacy Richard Burns Legacy as soon as they were released, but no joy after about 6 months. The importer of Aoshima seems to be able to get stock though.

I'm fortunate to have one of these sitting in my private warehouse at HLJ waiting for shipping, however I've noticed Plaza Japan have had stock of this kit for quite a reasonable price

potsie
04-19-2021, 01:43 AM
I'm fortunate to have one of these sitting in my private warehouse at HLJ waiting for shipping, however I've noticed Plaza Japan have had stock of this kit for quite a reasonable price

Yes, I ended up ordering one from Japan and even with slow shipping via boat it was at my door in about 8 weeks. Might need to do the same just to get consumables unless the Aus importer gets their act together.

Add your comment to this topic!