Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

best source for parts

captnwally
06-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Hi - I just joined the group after buying a 2010 cvpi

Can you either direct me to appropriate forum or give me info on where to find parts for my Crown Vic? Right now I need a spare tire and driver's side airbag (at least I think I need an airbag - the light is on on the dash

thank you in advance

65comet
06-13-2019, 04:19 PM
It is probably the airbag sensor, but could be a whole bunch of things. When you turn the car on, the sensor light should flash in a sequence, a pause, then another sequence. Flash, flash, flash, pause, flash, flash would indicate a code of 32 and so on. Then you can google that code to see what the computer says it thinks is wrong. Sorry, haven't had that car so can't help on parts.

speeedtrust
01-10-2020, 05:06 AM
How bout https://www.levittownfordparts.com/. Just ordered my tow hitch here.

ramnick
01-19-2020, 09:13 PM
You can try rockauto for replacement parts.

silicon212
01-24-2020, 06:33 PM
Definitely rockauto. Your airbag light will display a series of flashes before it's steady-on. These flashes are the code that's being thrown. The most common cause is the passenger side airbag light being burned out. When you turn the key to the engine run position, that light along with the airbag light on the dash will display for several seconds before extinguishing, or flashing. If the passenger side light does not come on, that will be your problem. It's a grain of wheat type lamp that can be replaced.

Add your comment to this topic!