Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aoshima Replacement Parts ?

rx7king
07-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Hi All,

I want to start by saying I did do a search before creating this post, and all the threads were 10 years old or so, so the info founds was no longer relevant.

I am trying to finish an Aoshima Lamborghini Aventador and the windshield cracked. I need to replace it, but I live in the United States. Does anyone know of a way I can order replacement parts?

If anyone happens to have a spare one I would be happy to pay for it also...

Thanks in advance.

Justin

360spider
07-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Not sure about the parts, but you can always try to make one from think clear plastic (heat it up and stretch over using old one as a buck) if everything else fails.

rx7king
07-09-2018, 09:08 AM
Not sure about the parts, but you can always try to make one from think clear plastic (heat it up and stretch over using old one as a buck) if everything else fails.

I have been trying that with clear styrene sheets, dipping in boiling water, and that hasn't really formed well at all.

Do you have any more info on a better technique (product type, heat method, etc)?

Thank you for the reply!

Some_Kid
07-09-2018, 09:33 AM
I think unfortunately the only option is to buy another kit or find someone who can part one out for you.

lezdep
07-09-2018, 09:38 AM
If you can access Facebook, you can send Aoshima a message and hopefully they will respond. I have received parts for my F1-GTR kits in the past.
https://www.facebook.com/Aoshima.Bunka.Kyozai.Co.Ltd.English/

rx7king
07-09-2018, 11:15 AM
If you can access Facebook, you can send Aoshima a message and hopefully they will respond. I have received parts for my F1-GTR kits in the past.

Thanks, I will give that a shot! I also messaged HLJ to see if they can help out. crossing my fingers

360spider
07-09-2018, 01:07 PM
I have been trying that with clear styrene sheets, dipping in boiling water, and that hasn't really formed well at all.

Do you have any more info on a better technique (product type, heat method, etc)?

Thank you for the reply!

I don't know if this will work with styrene, but it will work great with clear plastic from packaging - the type they pack different electronics, and stuff in.

-Get a piece that is larger that the windshield that you are trying to make.
-You can hold it with your hands, but I would use something else, maybe wedge it inbetween two pieces of wood on both sides
-Mount the piece you are using as a buck on something sturdy and flat, but mount it slightly elevated, so you could basically wrap your plastic around it once it gets hot
-Heat up your plastic piece over an oven. If you have gas oven, be careful not to stain or melt the plastic - move it rather quickly.
-Once you feel the film is soft, just stretch it over your "buck" and let cool off. Then cut and glue in.

This is a quick and dirty of the process.

mchernecki
07-13-2018, 05:01 PM
I contacted Aoshima through their facebook page about replacement parts for the Murcielago SV. My body was damaged in a mishap and I bought all new body pieces. They will sell you individual parts trees. Just look at the end of the instructions and ask for the corresponding tree that has the parts you need. Parts were cheap as well as the shipping to Canada. Had the parts in a few days.

rx7king
07-16-2018, 12:05 PM
I contacted Aoshima through their facebook page about replacement parts for the Murcielago SV. My body was damaged in a mishap and I bought all new body pieces. They will sell you individual parts trees. Just look at the end of the instructions and ask for the corresponding tree that has the parts you need. Parts were cheap as well as the shipping to Canada. Had the parts in a few days.

How long ago was this? When I go to their FB page there isn't an option to message them. I wrote a post the page but it wasn't replied to...

Trash69
07-16-2018, 08:10 PM
Check out Spot Model thats where I got my Drivers side mirror

www.spotmodel.com

Paul

mchernecki
07-19-2018, 10:50 AM
How long ago was this? When I go to their FB page there isn't an option to message them. I wrote a post the page but it wasn't replied to...
Last fall I contacted them. Try using the English version of the Facebook page, it has a message link.

Lambo003
07-22-2018, 09:00 AM
About two years ago I contacted them using their website email address.

My Countach windshield had a wicked sinkmark across the top leading edge.

I got the kit off ebay and was told they usually don't offer support on kits purchased on ebay. They did send me a replacement though and also sent some very nice Lamborghini 50th Ann. decals.

It took a bit for them to respond. Just had to be patient.

Add your comment to this topic!