Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Ford gt LM 2016 1/24 from revell

lovegt40
12-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Just seen the news today in spotmodel websites it seems after profil24 and mfh also revell is going to produce in 2018 a kit of the modern gt racer.

Must search again the link to the page, but surely already many of you seen this new model announcement

lovegt40
12-18-2017, 09:29 AM
http://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.php?products_id=51230

TheStashProject
12-18-2017, 01:06 PM
I gotta say I'm dubious. The stock number is a RevellAG one, which would indicate an entirely new tool - since the existing Revell U.S. GT is a 8 piece Build n Play and effectively useless.

Release date says March, and exactly where have they been hiding this around 90 days to release all new tool race car kit? I mean even super-secretive Tamiya shows their stuff 3 months before release. No 3D renders, no test shots, no whispers of this until it plops down on Spotmodel & HobbyLink Japan this morning?

RevellAG announced their spring releases about a month ago, and this certainly wasn't on it. There's no mention of it on any of their social media, their corporate blog, their corporate forum, or the European Revell Fan Forum.

Not saying it couldn't, or shouldn't happen, but until I see someone affiliated with Hobbico in some form or fashion comment on it, I wouldn't buy it - at least not that early in the Spring. Maybe someone accidentally leaked a 2018 kit that would have been announced on January 1st with their main news. Although in typical Revell fashion it's a 2016 (I know that the one that won) model & livery, not 2017...or 2018 considering it'll only be 90 days til the next running of the 24hrs if the release date were somehow correct.

ulap1
12-18-2017, 01:46 PM
http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Revell_News_2018_I.html

This is the link for Revell Germany January-April 2018 new releases. They show 2017 Ford GT previously released by Revell USA, which, as already stated above, is a Snap kit.

Maybe Spotmodel has more info, but I seriously doubt.

In January Revell usually announce new kits for entire 2018, letīs hope they bring something interesting. On the other hand, since they did not make the Nico Rosberg 2016 Mercedes F1 winner or Porsche 919 hybrid that won Le Mans, why would they bother with racing version of Ford GT?

Instrad, we have other Porsches, Panamera and tractor. So cool!

TheStashProject
12-18-2017, 03:09 PM
[url]

This is the link for Revell Germany January-April 2018 new releases. They show 2017 Ford GT previously released by Revell USA, which, as already stated above, is a Snap kit.

Maybe Spotmodel has more info, but I seriously doubt.

In January Revell usually announce new kits for entire 2018, letīs hope they bring something interesting. On the other hand, since they did not make the Nico Rosberg 2016 Mercedes F1 winner or Porsche 919 hybrid that won Le Mans, why would they bother with racing version of Ford GT?

Instrad, we have other Porsches, Panamera and tractor. So cool!

HLJ has both kits listed (the Snap reissue and this GTE car) and they have different stock numbers, both of which are in-line with RevellAG's number system.

I will say that prior to the 918s, you have to go back quite awhile to find Revell making a Porsche kit. Perhaps Porsche & McLaren will attempt to fill the hole that was left when they didn't renew their Ferrari licensing. Although after two years of current cars, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something vintage this year, especially since Hasegawa stole their ability to do a BMW 2002.

lovegt40
12-19-2017, 07:15 AM
I think if there will be some further livery I can make another one in this easy way, whatever the kit quality will be. Car is really nice one

Some_Kid
12-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Heck yeah. Wonder if they’ll make a street version

TheStashProject
12-19-2017, 09:33 AM
Seems to be this is going to be a new tool glue kit from RevellAG, although the release date being listed by some places is a little more optimistic than other - who are listing more of a Summer release than March. So this must be something they had planned to announce next month, but the information got out early.

OutaFocus
12-19-2017, 09:42 AM
It's real. U.S. kit box to release first followed by RoG version. RoG wrongly released the info that's why you see an RoG kit number. No firm release date.

FunXteR
06-27-2018, 04:29 AM
test build shots of the Revell 1/24 Ford GT 2017 Lemans kit for august issue of Scale Auto

https://www.facebook.com/Davesscalemodels/posts/925002827707340
https://www.facebook.com/Davesscalemodels/posts/925310564343233

360spider
06-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Looks promising. New GT is one of the few modern cars that I really like.

hirofkd
06-27-2018, 04:29 PM
I originally thought this would be 1/25 scale Revell USA project and mistakenly marked as 1/24, and then feared the worst after Hobbico's chapter 11 filing.

But looks like it's indeed Revell Germany item, and 1/24?

griffin-gt40
06-28-2018, 06:57 PM
I originally thought this would be 1/25 scale Revell USA project and mistakenly marked as 1/24, and then feared the worst after Hobbico's chapter 11 filing.

But looks like it's indeed Revell Germany item, and 1/24?

It's real, should be released in August now, latest I got from a UK vendor who got it from his distributor.

It is indeed 1/24 and there are some photo's floating around of both the completed box art and interior shots, built by David Thibodeau. Detail on the chassis looks pretty decent and should be pretty good looking kit without too much effort. The body is a two piece, same as the snap kit. If you break the glue seems on the snap kit you can see how they formed it. Will make it much easier for painting.

Johan_SWE
11-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Anyone with insights as to when Revell plan to release it?

I spotted this kit built and on display in a Youtube video from the Modellbau Messe in Vienna, held in October 2018.
If somebody is interested this is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMytaDRqEKE

Not that my stash is empty, but still...itching to get my hands on the Ford GT LM.

Cheers, J.

Add your comment to this topic!