Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

01 Grand Cherokee Airbags

emiracleworker1
03-08-2016, 06:27 PM
I'm hoping someone has some input to help out.... I have an 01 Grand Cherokee Limited with the V8. I just replaced the heater core, which was "fun" to say the least. Got everything back together and now my airbag light is on!

I've searched high and low for any sort of diagram, but can't find anything out there. Everything else works as it should, just the airbag light coming on. It has to be something I messed with, but I don't know what harness/connectors control the airbags. I double-checked under the console (location of the controller) and all is correct there. You can't see any wiring behind the passenger side airbag without pulling the dash out again and if I did, I wouldn't know which wires I should be looking at.

My only loose end on the project is one wire in the steering column harness. It's an orange wire paired with a white wire that has a pink stripe on a white connector.. I can't find anywhere it plugs in.

Any help would be appreciated... I can trace if I know the wire colors in the dash for the airbags... or any distinguishing features.

Add your comment to this topic!