Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Question

dss56
04-05-2015, 01:46 PM
On the 2005 and up Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited's can one be found with a 6 cylinder and all the bells and whistles?
DVD Roof Elec windows Gps etc?

This car will be for my Daughter.

Or does it have to have the Hemi 5.7 engine in them.

I'm looking for a 2005 + loaded but not a Hemi engine is that possible?

One was just listed in my town.
Cleanest 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 on the road. Equipped with a 5.7 Hemi engine with displacement on demand. Also equipped with Navigation, DVD, in dash 6 CD changer, leather, sunroof, heated/power seats, adjustable pedals, heated/memory mirrors, tow hitch, and much more. This thing is unstopable in the snow, and is a great car for all other seasons as well. The vehicle currently has 125k miles, but has a transmission with 80k miles recently placed on the vehicle, most suspension parts are less than a year old, brakes are in good shape, and is overall a very well taken care $7995.00 or best offer.

Car looks clean all black with gray leather interior.

How is the displacement on demand work and i have heard sometimes can be a pain on some forums with other cars?

Main concern is the Hemi. I have a 2005 Durango limited with the Hemi and gas mileage sucks.

thanks for any info/help Should I pass up this deal its in my price range?

Scotty89
04-12-2015, 07:55 AM
I'm not sure on if you can find a fully loaded 6 cylinder. But the displacement on demand I believe they are referring to is Chrysler's MDS system. This system shuts down 4 cylinders under certain conditions. Usually under low engine torque demands. The biggest issue I have seen with this system is in vehicles that doesn't get their oil changed like they should or the owner uses the incorrect viscosity. I am thinking the system first come out in the MY 2005 vehicles, only in the passenger vehicles, and later years in the trucks and bigger SUV's. I have talked to several owners and they like the power of the Hemi compared to the 4.7L engine. And you can get better fuel economy compared to the 4.7L. You can go to fueleconomy.org and look up different vehicles and see what people are getting for fuel economy. The posts on there are suppose to be owners posting what they get. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do?action=browseList. Here is the address if you want to take a look around

Add your comment to this topic!