Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Ford Crown Vic non-police

Bull632000
11-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Hi there!

I have a 2004 Crown Vic with 110k miles. I use it for my winter car and it has been in storage since April this year. When I went to get it out this week, the battery was dead, so I bought a new one. After I installed the battery, I turned the key and let the fuel pump run for a few seconds and the car started right up. There was like a puff under the hood and the car stalled. (just a little puff, like some dirt dropped into the fan) I started the car back up and it was running rough, so I hit the gas with the linkage under the hood and it stalled again. I shut the key off and turned it back on to let the fuel pump cycle and it did not make any noise.

I moved the relays around and still nothing. I pounded on the gas tank with a rubber mallet and still nothing.

Please help. I don't want to start the money dump. The car is in great shape but it this is frustrating. ANy ideas what to check for???

rhandwor
12-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Hi there!

I have a 2004 Crown Vic with 110k miles. I use it for my winter car and it has been in storage since April this year. When I went to get it out this week, the battery was dead, so I bought a new one. After I installed the battery, I turned the key and let the fuel pump run for a few seconds and the car started right up. There was like a puff under the hood and the car stalled. (just a little puff, like some dirt dropped into the fan) I started the car back up and it was running rough, so I hit the gas with the linkage under the hood and it stalled again. I shut the key off and turned it back on to let the fuel pump cycle and it did not make any noise.

I moved the relays around and still nothing. I pounded on the gas tank with a rubber mallet and still nothing.

Please help. I don't want to start the money dump. The car is in great shape but it this is frustrating. ANy ideas what to check for???
If the fuel pump isn't running are you sure you you checked the proper relay the fuel pump relay used to be green.
Is it labeled fuel pump. You can use a jumper this will supply power to the fuel pump and turn on the pump.
If not sure which terminals use a wiring diagram or use a new relay.
Get a rental pressure gage and make sure before dropping the fuel tank..

Add your comment to this topic!