Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

06' Grand Cherokee HEMI Head Gasket Leak

jb777
03-01-2013, 06:53 PM
I have a 06' JGC with the 5.7L Hemi w/80k and about a month ago I noticed a little smoke under the hood after driving, I found an oil leak and it's running down the passenger side of the rear main seal but the leak is above the seal. I had the shop put die in it and they dont know for sure but they belive it is the head gasket. There is no water in the oil but they said that doesnt matter. Apparently the heads cant be resurfaced on hemi's but they have to be checked to make sure they are in spec. They said something about it needing a valve job and total job is around $2000 any insight?:banghead:

spree
03-02-2013, 07:48 PM
I have a 06' JGC with the 5.7L Hemi w/80k and about a month ago I noticed a little smoke under the hood after driving, I found an oil leak and it's running down the passenger side of the rear main seal but the leak is above the seal. I had the shop put die in it and they dont know for sure but they belive it is the head gasket. There is no water in the oil but they said that doesnt matter. Apparently the heads cant be resurfaced on hemi's but they have to be checked to make sure they are in spec. They said something about it needing a valve job and total job is around $2000 any insight?:banghead:

I would take it somewhere else! 80k and needs a head gasket? I doubt that!

hundahunta
03-04-2013, 12:28 AM
make sure it''d not leaking from the mds or mds plugs

Add your comment to this topic!