Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

battery dies after 2 days of sitting..

scott17818
02-08-2013, 12:22 AM
I have a 95 GC Laredo I bought as a winter beater.. but i have yet to solve one major issue with it... the battery seems to drain within 2 days to the point of one or 2 cranks and then nothing.. and then engages the alarm system, and I get out, and rest on the passenger door lock. I am getting frustrated.. I've used different batteries, I've replaced the alternator thinking the regulator had gone bad & blown a diode (voltage leak). going to throw a meter on it tomorrow after charging the battery. off the negative terminal to see what the draw is through the negative terminal. I've heard if it's over .5v/a the battery will die in a day or two.. I doubt the alarm uses that much... and I can't think of anything that would draw that much juice.. everything is turned off.. cabin lights, headlights are in "off" not auto. the stereo does'nt work, but i doubt the amp is "on" there must be a stuck relay or something... any ideas?

aleekat
02-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Hookup your voltage draw test. See what it's reading. Then start removing fuses one by one until your voltmeter drops.

Add your comment to this topic!