Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2009 Crown Vic Interceptor Light Issues

TheRealCrazy8
12-05-2012, 09:52 AM
So I have just purchased a 2009 Ford Crown Vic Interceptor and everything is going great, except for one problem I am having. My lights seem to randomly get brighter and flicker back and fourth between a little brighter and standard brightness. Its hard to explain but its almost as if there is a random surges of current or something, I don't know. I also notice this behavior when I press the gas pedal.

This is not only the headlights, its also the dash lights and they do it in sequence. To make matters more interesting I noticed this morning on my way to work that the air ALSO blows a little harder in sequence to the lights. So when the lights flicker to the brighter side, the air blows harder and when the lights return to the standard brightness, the air also returns to normal strength.

This is very hard to explain so I hope its making sense. The times that this is happening, are in very quick bursts lasting just fractions of a second, but will happen multiple times. I will say that when the lights go brighter, its not to full brightness, its just a little brighter. I would like to get this fixed because not only is it annoying to me, but I would imagine the person a head of me also probably doesn't appreciate it much.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help.

fleettech
03-29-2013, 05:19 PM
have the battery and alternator tested could be battery getting weak

DeltaP
03-30-2013, 11:11 AM
A bad diode in the alternator will make the lights flare up esp. on acceleration. It'll still charge until another diode shorts and then it will start draining the battery. Most auto parts stores' testing won't show this. The solution is to replace the alternator.

Add your comment to this topic!