Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 transmission/ cop car

tatortottom
06-08-2012, 12:31 PM
is the transmission water cooled?

phipps
06-08-2012, 01:54 PM
It's cooled like every other transmission. Cooler line run to the radiator. I'm not sure if it has an auxiliary cooler or not. I can look at mine when I go in to work tomorrow, but it's a 2010.

way2old
06-08-2012, 05:46 PM
The transmission has a cooler in front of the radiator and is air cooled as you drive down the road.

tatortottom
06-18-2012, 12:01 PM
ok so you say that theres a cooler infront of the radeator for the transmission, if that gets gloged or stopps working could that result in overheating? / my water pump went out the other day, over heated the moter, an when i looked under, the tranny was pouring out fluid from where the filter pan is (busted seal) so any ideas? and thanks for your first answer!

way2old
06-20-2012, 06:43 PM
If the cooler does not work properly, it can cause the fluid to overheat. The water pump failing and engine overheating can also cause the fluid to overheat. Not sure where you are trying to say the leak is. Could you take a picture and post it? Sorry for the late response. I have been away from civilization for a few days for some mental health days.

Add your comment to this topic!