Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 JGC trans help

katie_parker
01-23-2012, 11:59 PM
hello all :) i need a little help with my jeep. so today the trans started to act up like it was stuck in gear and the check engine light come on so i took it to autozone and put it on a code reader. the trans oil still looked ok but the codes that come up was p0138 witch is oxygen sensor 2 the one after the cat. Before i replace it they said to try the relay under the hood but i dont know what one it is i dont have my owners manual to change it. Then it had 2 more codes that go for the trans, p0743 witch is the TCC solenoid and p0753 witch is 3-4 shift solenoid. Autozone said there is a relay in the power distribution box under the hood. i dont have the diagram to change them. I wanted to know if someone could show me what ones to change before i go rippin in to the trans to change them. im a girl but ill get down and dirty if i have to but ill try the cheeper easyer way first. anyhelp would be nice im stuck and i dont want to mess the trans up more then it is by driving it.

fredjacksonsan
01-25-2012, 10:05 AM
From what I've read online there are some relays under the hood that might work to fix this issue. You'll need a repair manual (maybe the factory service manual) to get the location of the relays.

Sorry I don't know more about it, never had this issue.

Add your comment to this topic!