Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Jeep GCL. NO FUEL/NO START

driver540
10-20-2011, 06:42 PM
My Jeep will start sometimes and sometimes it wont. Have to turn key on and off till I hear fuel pump run before it starts. Funny thing is, when key is turned on the check engine light dont light up with rest of lights. When check engine light finally lights up with key on, the fuel pump runs and jeep starts. Coincidence? Maybe. Replaced fuel relay and swapped out with other relays and same result

Jeep drives fine when it starts. No hesitation or stalling

rhandwor
10-22-2011, 06:56 PM
My Jeep will start sometimes and sometimes it wont. Have to turn key on and off till I hear fuel pump run before it starts. Funny thing is, when key is turned on the check engine light dont light up with rest of lights. When check engine light finally lights up with key on, the fuel pump runs and jeep starts. Coincidence? Maybe. Replaced fuel relay and swapped out with other relays and same result

Jeep drives fine when it starts. No hesitation or stalling
Get a Haynes manual at parts store. Use wiring diagram I would check the ignition switch some times they will work occasionally. This system may have a relay for the starting system you can check.

driver540
10-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Sorry for not checking back in sooner, work keeps me super busy. After doing some checking, I have found that if I wiggle the "auto shutdown" relay in the relay box under the hood I can get the fuel pump to run and the jeep starts. Replaced the relay to get same result.

rhandwor
10-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Sorry for not checking back in sooner, work keeps me super busy. After doing some checking, I have found that if I wiggle the "auto shutdown" relay in the relay box under the hood I can get the fuel pump to run and the jeep starts. Replaced the relay to get same result.
Check the wires and terminals at the plug. You maybe able to tighten the terminal.

Add your comment to this topic!