Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front Bumper!!

invisiongrafix
08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
94 Grand Cherokee. Replacing front fascia and fount the bumper fascia wasn't on correctly and there was no place to secure the bottom of the grill fascia. Don't know what is missing. Know of a large/blown up pic of the install of the bumper fascia and how it mounts?

chriskat
08-18-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't know of a large blown up picture but there are three holes in the bottom "lip" of the facia. One, or maybe all, of them are square holes oddly enough (at least I think I remember that correctly).

They correspond with three holes in a frame member under the car. Originally there were plastic rivots pushed in that held the facia in place. On my sons they had all pulled through and the facia would hang on the bottom edge. I replaced them with 1/4"-20 stainless bolts, fender washers, and nuts.

Jeff

invisiongrafix
08-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks Jeff. My problem is that the bottom of the grill fascia and the top of the "bumper fascia" are about 3 inches above the frame. There must be another piece that I am missing. In other words, there is nothing to bolt to.

chriskat
08-19-2011, 03:31 PM
And I thought I was going to be able to help. Sorry about that, hope you have some luck.

Jeff

invisiongrafix
08-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Really appreciate you trying. I can use all the help I can get.

I visited my local auto wreckers again today and found the mounts I was missing.

All of the right bolts and push pins cost me almost $100 from Jeep. Wow.

Add your comment to this topic!