Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 Grand Cherokee Limited Security Light/CCd Error

chriskat
08-16-2011, 06:04 PM
This will probably be long, my apologies.

I had to replace the AC evaporator in my sons 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. After doing so it would start and run for a second or two and shut off. In addition, the overhead console displayed OC where the outside temp should be. Last issue, it displays CCd when I run the diagnostics on the overhead console.

I took it to a mechanic who replace the computer that is mounted on the passenger side fire wall. I had, apparently, damaged the connector there while I had it removed. It now runs and everything seems to work fine.

The issue is that the "security" light comes on after the car is in gear for a short period of time. It seems that it could idle all day in park but when you put it in gear the light comes on. And it still has the "OC" on the overhead console and the CCd error.

I've traced the wiring from the Ambient Air Temperature Sensor to the HEVAC unit and neither of the wires are open. The Temperature Sensor reads about 8 Kohms at around 80 degrees or so.

I've run the diagnastics on the security system (turned the key to acc three times) and all of the switches seem to work correctly.

I'm not sure what to do next.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

Add your comment to this topic!