Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

water supply for weber carburetor

thepeggasus
07-01-2011, 07:16 PM
I just purchased a 32/36 Weber DFEV carburetor for my 1976 MGB. The manifold that was included has a pipe running through it and the directions indicate that for proper operation it must be connected to a hot water source. I'm sure there is a source for this connection, but if there is, I don't see a provision for it on my engine.
A second problem is that my 76 MGB has a manual choke and this carburetor has an electric choke. It occurs to me that if the current for the electric is 12 volts that I could add a switch to simply switch the choke on just as I would a manual cable and simply turn it off once the engine warmed up. I am in desperate need of some advice.

thepeggasus
07-04-2011, 07:51 AM
One of my questions about connecting the carburetor's water supply has been answered in the forums at the mgexperience.net forums. The original engine in my 76 B was replaced at some point by an earlier one. The original engine had a tap (or blanking plate for the tap if it was not in use) at the back of the head which is absent in mine. I am exploring other options for a water feed for the carburetor. Does anyone have an answer for me regarding the electric choke's voltage? If it is 12 volts, I think my solution would work. If it is variable from 12 volts, I could accomplish that function with a rheostat. Thoughts anyone?

Add your comment to this topic!