Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

03 crown vic interceptor

pauly713
05-11-2011, 12:38 AM
I just bought a 03 crown vic interceptor and problems started after i left the gate. It started with the original battery dying so i bought a new one. 2 days later the car wouldnt start due to a drained battery again. I got the car jump started and noticed the rear defrost was on and wont turn off. So i took the rear defrost fuse out because summer is almost here. After that it was fine. Then i took the tail lights off to nite shade them and when i was done with them i rehooked the lights a tightened them down So i turned the lights on to see my work and found out that the rear lights come on but dont flash. I checked the fuse and it was blown so i put in another fuse and it blew too, then i got frustrated and got in the car to drive home but i couldnt put it into gear. Can anybody please help!

way2old
05-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Look aty the stoplight switch on the brake pedal. These are known to crack the connector housing and can short the power wire to ground and blow the fuse. You should be able to turn the key 1 notch ( juu8st before dash lights come on) and then shift into neutral to start it and you can drive it someplace to work on it with a friend following you.

pauly713
05-13-2011, 01:20 AM
I found the problem after i finished nite shadeing the tail lights and reinstalled them a wire had gotten sliced and came into contact with the car and fried some fuses. A trip to the auto parts store for some new fuses fixed the problem. Thanks for the reply.

Add your comment to this topic!