Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Excursion Milage-Temp-Compass

familyfarm
09-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Hi All,
One more for someone with an answer! My 2000 Excursion has the overhead console, with the milage calculator, temperature, Compass, etc. about two weeks ago when we had that sudden change in outside temperature(cold in morning and then extreame heat by mid afternoon) My Overhead console stopped displaying anything. I checked all fuses, both under dash and underhood, and everyrthing is fine. There were no blown fuses. everything else on my Excursion works, except the cruise control which stopped working during the summer.(I posted another tread about that also)
If anyone knows what i need to check to find the prblem with the display console please leet me know, Thanks:banghead:

fordtrucksonly
10-06-2010, 11:22 AM
its a resistor in the circuit board gone bad, most do it eventually, go ahead and order one.

familyfarm
10-06-2010, 01:30 PM
I will give it a try thanks!! If you have any ideas on my cruise control please feel free to advise me. It stopped working this past summer, There are no lights indicating it is on (dash light does not light when I push the cruise on) all fuses are fine! there is some brake fluid on the wires coming off the pressure switch of the master cylinder. Any known problems with the Excursion cruise control?

fordtrucksonly
10-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Cruise control deactivation switches were prone to going bad

Add your comment to this topic!