Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 745 overheating

stony745
04-15-2010, 05:59 PM
can,t seam to fine the overheating problem. took it to dealer they charge me 3k for pumps fans and hoses. the car still leaks anti freeze out of the cap. changed caps still will not stop. bmw dealer said they car replace gaskits for 5k and it still may not be the problem. Any ideas? the car does not smoke and still has power in acelaration. the car does not overheat it leaks anti freeze from cap until low and i need to add.

dizzle1
04-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Take your car to a certified mechanic that can do a coolant dye test to see where the problem is exactly and ask for that kind of test this is a good test but if I were you leave this one for last.. Air could be building up from the inside of the engine when running and entering through the coolant passages causing coolant to overflow from the cap. Check your oil see if coolant is mixing if the previous owner or someone else drove the car and overheated it this could warp the block/heads, blow a gasket maybe crack the cylinder head. Iron blocks could resist warpage longer than aluminun. Do a compression TEST. Oh yea F**K the dealer

Add your comment to this topic!